Saturday, June 16, 2012

Hi Tec-C Gel Pen review



Here is a nerdy post for you. (As a writer sometimes its not the quality of writing that counts it's the quality of tools you use......kidding). Sometimes buying new writing tools is a good excuse to stop writing and waste valuable time surfing the net....

It's my new favorite pen from Japan. As you may of heard the Japanese....well Asians-Chinese, Taiwanese, Koreans and Japanese in general...I don't know about Vietnamese and other south-Asians.....anyway Asians in general are pen fanatics. The reason being that in Asia penmanship is important as 2+2=4 (AKA Math-my people's claim to fame). Also we're just nerdy like that....anyhow in the land of thin pens-AKA Japan- this gel pen has developed quite a cult following. Here is why: it writes like butter in a hot pan. Unbelievably smooth no matter what inferior paper you use. The flow of ink is very consistent and precise. It draws precise clean lines. No skipping that I have experienced. (Some reviewers complain about not being great for lefties. I did not have any smearing problems and I tend to lay my hand right on top of the words I just written....Japanese pens are known for using high quality materials and highly innovative inks.)

The cap is also study which is good as I am forever dropping my pens and the cap are the first to crack. I bought mine through Jetpens but Tokyo pen shop also carries them. They're about $3.00. They come in every color under the sun and in several sizes including 0.25, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5....




























No comments: